Friday, July 16, 2010

QFest Movie Reviews: People I've Slept With

Continuing with the series on QFest 2010 movies, last Friday evening the second movie I watched was People I've Slept With.

Probably most appropriately dubbed a "post-gay" film, this movie is about Angela (Karin Anna Cheung), a free-spirited and promiscuous woman who, in her words, "loves sex." However, when she finds out she is pregnant, Angela teams up with her best-gay-friend (BGF) Gabriel to determine who the baby daddy is. Lucky for Angela, she keeps baseball-card dossiers on every person she's slept with (including length, girth, and endurance). Is it Hottie Boy? Five-Minute Man, the Premature Ejaculating Wonder? Mystery Man? Or maybe Nice-But-Boring? Indeed, the script for People I've Slept With is anything but boring, and you are guaranteed to laugh with the characters as they grow up (and, in Angela's case, grow out).

This movie has some fun scenes at the bridal shop with Angela and Gabriel, and a beautiful double wedding. The sub-plot of Gabriel's own romance is sweet, and Angela's relationship with her family is heart-warming. The only thing I found wanting in this movie was the ending - but I won't spoil it for you by giving it away.

My grade for People I've Slept With: A-

No comments: